Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Changes at Century Village

Good afternoon to members of Birney’s Division. I wanted to inform you that I was contacted by the Geauga County Historical Society which runs the Civil War reenactment in Burton, Ohio annually on Memorial Day weekend. They have asked me to take over as the Federal Commander for the event. Per General Kelley’s directive, I have accepted the post. I look forward to taking the event in a different direction and creating a new experience for both us as reenactors and the public who support Century Village with their patronage.

I would like to thank General Burdell Waffler for his years heading up the Union forces. I look forward to serving our living history community at the event next year.

Sincerely,
Christopher Smith, Lt Col

No comments: